EMV™ for Independent Software Vendors (ISV) and Direct-Connect Merchants
With 44.1% of cards and 72.0% of terminals already supporting the EMV chip standard globally, adoption in the U.S. will probably be faster than in previous geographies2. For merchants with proprietary software or payment application developers who are interested in integrating EMV into their applications, Can-Am Payment Systems offers the Rapid Connect® solution.
Scenario: You want to get ahead of the EMV liability shift, meet your merchants’ increasing requests to accept mobile payment transactions and redeem prepaid offers at the point of payment. At the same time, you would like to increase overall payment security at the POS.
Can-Am Payment Systems EMV Solutions
- “First-to-market” protection against the potential fraud shift to non–chip cards
- “Top-of-wallet” consumer preference advantages by issuing cards now
- Control your card issuance schedule – and costs
- Simplify the card issuance process down to the few important chip decisions that are critical for your business utilizing our streamlined implementation guide
- Meet the needs of cardholders who travel by providing international card acceptance
- One-stop-shop for chip card personalization and production at our state-of-the-art facility
The industry is still determining some of the implications for EMV Debit with regard to Durbin Regulation and the requirement for two unaffiliated debit networks on a card.