EMV™ : Part of a Broader Payment Security Strategy
EMV is just one important component of a comprehensive, multi-layered approach to payment security. Adding EMV as part of an overall data security solution allows merchants to better protect against fraudulent card use in addition to protecting their customers’ card data and their businesses from the risk of a data breach.
EMV Protection at the POS
EMV Technology Benefits for Merchants
- Reduces skimming at the point of sale
- Enables increased PIN use for stronger cardholder verification
- Helps prevent the use of counterfeit, lost and stolen cards
Helps merchants support the way cardholders will want to pay:
- Meet expectations of cardholders who want more secure payment transactions
- Accept foreign cards that are already EMV enabled
EMV-Capable Point of Sale
Smart businesses are always looking for cost–effective ways to adopt new technology, and First Data is here to help. With our EMV–capable terminals and peripherals, you can reach beyond PIN debit and future-proof your point–of–sale investmentwith our consumer-facing device. It’s fast, flexible and more secure.