Do you need a solution for a high volume call centre processing phone-in orders? Or a small business with a large out-of-town customer base?
The virtual terminal solution can be scaled to meet these needs and more. With the First Data Virtual Terminal, merchants can accept card transactions without having to purchase POS terminals or other costly hardware or software.
The First Data gateway Virtual Terminal allows the merchant and their staff to process transactions from almost anywhere with an Internet connection. All that is needed is existing workstations and access to First Data’s SSL protected, PCI compliant online member area. Merchants benefit from the ability to:
- Create unlimited user accounts with unique security permissions
- Support purchases, pre-authorizations and adjustments
- Customize terminal layout
- Add drop down menus, checkboxes, text fields and more
- Collect up to five pieces of business-specific data
- Review extensive online reporting
- Export transaction data to CSV
How it Works
1. Enter transaction details
Process sales, authorizations and refunds using a virtual terminal on any web browser. Accept Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover and more.
2. Type in your customer’s card information
We are Level 1 PCI Compliant and use the same level of SSL encryption as the big banks in Canada. You don’t have to worry about the setup. We handle all that for you.
3. Fill out your customer’s profile
Enter transaction details and save customer info using the virtual terminal.
4. Send a custom email receipt
When a sale is complete, you can send your customers an email receipt straight to their inbox.
For the high-volume call center: If you need to add custom fields to your transaction histories, we can work with you to add up to five unique parameters through custom fields on your online interface. If you have access to a developer you can also access additional reporting tools by integrating to our comprehensive reporting API.